Kleng Meedercher, Risen Iddien

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Taste the pain

Last night was my best friend's birthday. Got her the tasting menu at the local "haute" restaurant. "Tasting" was a misleading description, unless it referred to the phenomenon of tasting the food over the course of the next 24 hour period. It was a ten course feast which included a full glass of wine with each course. Suffice it to say that today my stomach is is the locus of an insurgency. In fact, the janjaweed have nothing on the effect of the seared steak and avocado consome on my stomach. Throw in a coldstone cake and you have quite the party. "Tasting" also implied to me (foolish girl) that it would NOT result in a rape of my checking account. Wrong again. "Tastes" are really quite expensive - akin to what I could have paid for that Theory suit I have been ogling. Sigh - things I should know BEFORE I consume the ten course masterpiece.
E 3:42 PM

1 Comments:

How did you get a cool layout? jealousssss.
Also, it's not smythson but flight001 has passport covers that are cute. http://flight001.com/store/trip.htm?itemid=468&sid=204&page=1

At least you won't think that you're paying an extravagant $100 for it and end up paying an exhorbitant $180, like someone we both love who was really jetlagged in heathrow one crazily flux day between chicago and frankfurt...

Add a comment