Kleng Meedercher, Risen Iddien

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Almost Attorny #12544

Several important things have happened since my last post. Since the world must be dying to know, I will update.

First, I started my clerkship. It is awesome - so much better than lawschool. Seriously.

Second, I moved to Chicago. It is awesome - so much better than Champaign. Seriously.

Third, I passed the bar (!!!). It is awesome - so much better than not passing. Really seriously.

Those are the big things. Tomorrow I am going to be sworn in as an attorney; very surreal. The ceremony is in Hemmens auditorium - which in itself is surreal; when I was an only child my mom and I used to go there to see Ella Jenkins perform. It is also right next to my old highschool. It would have never occurred to me that such an adult thing could happen there for me. After the ceremony I am going to Al's for lunch - and I am having a shake.

The best part about the ceremony is that I wont have to go through the metal detector at work anymore. I will go through the super special attorney entrance. It's just one of the perks that goes with spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on your education.

I think that I am going to start updating this more often. No promises (which would only be to myself since I doubt anyone checks this anymore), but I think I have the time and I enjoy it. Also, I am enough of an egomaniac that I really like writing about myself.

Ciao!
E 9:36 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment