Kleng Meedercher, Risen Iddien

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Clarification of the Previous Nonsensical Post

The story is that I ended up passing that exam. Suffice it to say that my surprise knows absolutely no bounds. I was so sure that I was not going to pass, that I don't really know what to do from here. Since moving to Chicago, I have pretty much been planning my future as if this would be my permanent home. It makes sense; I really like the city, I think being an attorney will be cool, it's close to my family. There really is not a too much missing from my situation right now.

Except there kind of is, maybe. I think that an attorney who interviewed me during a call-back really summed it up the best (before not offering me a position), when he told me that it seemed like my goal was to have a career that allowed me to do substantive work while traveling (not his exact words - which were actually obnoxious and included rather snotty comments about my aspirations which don't really apply here).

Should I feel bad that, despite everything I have right now, I just can't get over the feeling that something is lacking? Someone told me that it's the people in your life that make it what it is. I agree with this; it just can't be the whole story.

The bottom line is that I am so excited to have passed. I am ridiculously proud of myself (actually telling this poor guy completely out of the blue that "I passed the FSOA - he was confused). This is something I want so much that it seems like cold stone ice cream or the chanel quilted purse - almost immoral to actually attain. Luckily, I won't have to make any binding decisions for at least a year and a half. I guess right now is just the time to bask in the sense of self-accomplishment and day dream about where this could possibly take me.

Ciao
E 9:09 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment