Kleng Meedercher, Risen Iddien

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Post Secret

My darling sister lent me her copy of Postsecret. Postsecret is a coffee-table type book that bills itself as "found art." Basically, it is a compilation of secrets, submitted anonymously via home made post cards. I am so jealous of "Frank," it's creator, that I might just die. Imagine getting to learn all of those secrets before everyone else. The only problem for me would be not knowing whose secrets I was reading, or even what kind of people they were coming from (besides, in some cases, people with real problems). Then again, I am obsessed with the book (and the site - www.postsecret.com) and I don't know who wrote them.

Another problem: what if he got a really good secret, like something of national/international/cosmic importance, but couldnt do anything about it because he didnt know where it was coming from? Or if it the secret was true? It would kind of be like an interior Cassandra syndrome - he would know this thing, and could think it all he wanted, but probably wouldnt even really believe it. That could be too much for me to bear...but then again I fool myself into not believing things all the time, so maybe I could bear it.

I don;t know if I would write into Postsecret. Of course I have secrets (everyone has secrets). I like having secrets. In fact, there is no good reason for why I decide somethings are "secrets" beyond the fact that I like keeping them. Maybe that is the secret I would send in to Frank.
E 2:39 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment