Kleng Meedercher, Risen Iddien

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Higher Law

"This agreement is governed solely and exclusively by the principles written in the Holy Bible. All disputes must be mediated by a mediator nominated by the Institute of Christian Conciliation under the Rules of Procedure for Christian Conciliation."
--(courtesy of abovethelaw.com)

I just finished Gods Harvard, about Patrick Henry University. It is an engaging book and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested/knows almost nothing about the (very) conservative politicians who have been in power for the past six or so years. It might be a little dated (already, it was published in 2007), but still interesting.

To be honest, I can't tell if it is biased or not because I don't have any other basis of knowledge on that particular political group. Also, I can't tell if the author's tone is skeptical or if it is just impossible for me to process an account of attempts to scientifically prove creationism with a completely open mind.

The book mentioned (interestingly) that the CIA is comprised in large part of conservative Christians. I'm not sure if this is true, I had never heard it before, but I guess it makes sense considering Virginia is part of the Bible Belt (I think).

The book also mentioned the director of Hell Boy and the Exorcism of Emily Rose. I really enjoyed the latter movie (didn't see the first). Well, actually, I didn't enjoy it so much as think that it was well done (between moments of terror) while I was watching it. The perspective on the role conservatives are beginning to play in Hollywood was interesting. It discussed the preference of conservatives have for violence over sex, which doesnt seem to be a judgment of any sort considering all of the incredibly violent movies produced by non-christians.

If anyone is interested in this topic, I would suggest God's Harvard.
E 12:34 PM

2 Comments:

I have deciphered the Japanese.
you're officially being deleted from my cell phone's Internet bookmarks for lack of blogging.

Add a comment